Job Title: Accounting Assistant Status:
Part time, non-exempt
Reporting: Reports to Controller
Cincinnati Opera is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our Finance Team which includes both the Finance and Administrative functions of the company. This is a part time position. This position’s primary responsibilities include processing account payables and receivables.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Processing purchase orders
• Processing both accounts payables and receivables
• Preparation of bank deposits
• Weekly run of ACH and/or a/p checks
• Maintenance of W-9 forms and other data for new and existing vendors
• Digital filing and maintenance of invoices paid and pending
• Work with all staff members to ensure transactions are recorded in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
• Assisting CFO and Controller with other tasks as assigned
• Assisting other departments as required
The Accounting Assistant should have a degree in accounting or another business-related field, and 2 or more years of professional experience. Experience with a not-for-profit institution is preferred. High proficiency is required in the use of Excel and QuickBooks.
Individuality, conceptual thinking, organizational and interpersonal skills are required. The employee should be able to perform efficiently and accurately in the hectic atmosphere of a tightly compressed schedule of performances.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Cincinnati Opera, 1243 Elm Street Cincinnati, OH 45202. Open until filled. For additional information, go to https://www.cincinnatiopera.org/jobs
Cincinnati Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace