Accounting Associate CINCINNATI MUSEUM CENTER
The Accounting Associate reports to the Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable) and is responsible for executing a variety of tasks to assist the Finance Department at the Cincinnati Museum Center. These tasks include daily earned revenue entry, assisting the finance team during the annual audit, and other duties as assigned.
- Run Daily Summary Report from SiriusWare, review, reconcile and record daily cash receipts entries in accounting software for earned revenue activities, such as admissions, memberships, program fees, etc.
- Pick up Daily Sales reports from intercompany mailbox daily, review and reconcile to ensure they agree with Daily Summary Report.
- Retrieve and sort mails from the mailroom daily, pick up checks from subsidiary organization weekly, make copies of check payments, and scan them to the AR staff accountant.
- Retrieve credit card receipts from the safe at subsidiary organization weekly.
- Responsible for organizing daily cash receipts folders.
- Mail out invoices to customers monthly and coordinate with Call Center on customer billing information.
- Conduct monthly cash audit with the AR staff accountant.
- Collect coins dropped by Kiosk staff from the safe weekly, collect cash from the lockers with the AR staff accountant quarterly, deposit cash to the bank upon each cash collection.
- Assist the donation staff accountant to empty Wishing Well and the donation boxes quarterly as requested.
Requirements for the Position
- Preferred an associate degree in accounting or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting related experience
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Must pass a background check
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Ability to initiate and perform tasks with limited supervision
- Normal office environment
Compensation: $18 per hour
FLSA Status: FT Nonexempt
Location: Union Terminal – 1301 Western Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45203
Reports to: Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Cincinnati Museum Center and the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Please apply on website at www.cincymuseum.org/jobs or email your resume (and optional cover letter) to HR@cincymuseum.org