Do you have a passion for the environment and future sustainability? Do you want to use your Accounting background to help make a difference in our region?
Green Umbrella has a new role for a full-time Accounting Manager to be responsible for analyzing financial performance of the organization, maintaining accurate and timely financial records, reporting on grant financial activity and ensuring compliance with financial controls. This new role will enable the organization to more effectively leverage funding to improve sustainability and climate resilience in the Greater Cincinnati region.
The position will focus on:
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports and analysis of performance for Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board
- Responsible for all financial record keeping and reporting for grants awarded to the organization, including preparing reimbursement requests with detailed documentation
- Maintain organization’s compliance with financial controls and GAAP
- Supports developing annual budgets by functional area and for specific grant and fee for service proposals
- Accounting management using QuickBooks Online and other accounting software including data entry and reconciliation
- Manages account payable and accounts receivable
The successful candidate will have:
- Associates in Accounting or Business with at least 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelors in Accounting or Business with at least 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience with non-profit or grant finance reporting strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks or related financial software
- Proven Excel mastery of pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
Pay range of $60,000 to $75,000 annually, commensurate with experience and hours worked.
Why Work at Green Umbrella
Generous Paid Time Off and Other Paid Leave Options (Holidays, Bereavement, Parental Bonding)
Health Insurance (100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period)
Flexible work schedule with hybrid office hours
At Green Umbrella, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not. A background check will be conducted as part of the final selection process since this role interacts with Green Umbrella’s financial and donor systems.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably as a single PDF. First review will take place September 15, 2023 but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.