Assistant Professor Psychology
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier's College of Nursing is seeking an Assistant Dean - Budget and Finance. This administrative position directs and manages the financial operations of the Xavier University College of Nursing. The incumbent in collaboration with the Dean of the College directs and develops budgetary polices, guidelines and systems, to meet short and long-term College financial goals. In addition, the incumbent directs and manages the financial operations of the Accelerated Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Program (ABSN) of the Xavier University College of Nursing. In collaboration with the Dean of the College, the Controller, the Associate Vice President for Financial Planning and Budget and the Associate Provost and Provost, the incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining enrollment, revenue and expense projection/forecasts models and actuals for the ABSN program; conducting multiple and separate funds reconciliations for the ABSN program and developing and deploying all ad-hoc financial reports as requested. In addition, this position will collaborate with other college, university and ABSN program partner personnel.
- Ensures business processes, administration, and financial management. Maintains accounting system.
- Leads planning and forecasting activities with College Administrators to achieve College goals.
- Prepares financial forecasts.
- Conduct meaningful analysis of College budget.
- Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
- Develop predictive financial analyses/modeling.
- Collaborates with the Dean to develop College’s annual budget.
- Monitors expenditures.
- Communicate and align predictive modeling to generate and established College annual budgets and forecasts with Dean and Provost.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed to support the College programs.
- Supervises administrative assistant responsible for adjunct payroll, ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Reviews and processes payments of the college.
- Assist faculty in developing budgets for grants proposal.
- Monitors expenditures of funded grants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create, manage and communicate reconciliations/reporting tools, instructor expenses (FT and adjunct) including preliminary (XU only)estimated (XU and Orbis)and final (XU and Orbis) as a basis for payment and receipts.
- Responsible prompt and accurate payment of all amounts due Orbis and the prompt and accurate receipts of all amounts due from Orbis.
- Develops and maintains financial reports.
- Communicate and align predictive modeling to generate and establish ABSN annual budgets and forecasts with the Dean, Provost, Associate Provost, Associate Vice President for Financial Planning and Budgets and Controller.
- Provide information and reports to Controller, Associate Vice President for Financial Planning and Budgets and CBO as requested.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed to support the ABSN programs.
- Monthly meetings with Xavier/ Orbis leadership.
- Biweekly ORBIS Xavier Operations meetings.
- Master's Degree.
- 5 - 10 years experience.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by December 6, 2021. Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 3, 2022. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.