Reporting to the Controller, the Bursar is primarily responsible for the operations, administration, staffing and development of the Bursar’s Office, which includes accurate and timely billing of all student charges and the accurate collection and posting of all student payments, and for the collection of outstanding Accounts Receivable for current and formerly registered students. The position directly supervises the Associate Bursar and Student Services Manager.
The Bursar serves as the senior customer service contact for students, parents, and third parties for all billing, payment and collections matters. The successful candidate must provide a high level of service and responsiveness, build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across a variety of divisions and departments to ensure student and institutional needs are balanced and should be a skilled communicator and problem solver who can resolve sensitive issues in ways that reflect the Jesuit values of the University. The Bursar supports the University’s efforts to improve student retention and student financial well-being.
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline, preferably in Accounting or Management.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of work experience in a similar role.
- Regulatory compliance knowledge.
- Experience with web based cash and billing software (CASHnet, ECSI, Bank Mobile).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint and Banner Student Module & Accounts Receivable preferred.
At Xavier, we believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive environment. Every member of our community has a role to play in advancing our architecture of belonging. We welcome candidates with unique experiences, backgrounds, education, cultures, and beliefs to apply. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website. Review of applicants will begin by February 2, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should have an interest in helping grow an inclusive student community. Applicants should describe in the cover letter or a separate document their experiences with diverse populations.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.