Part time and Full time positions and both start at $16/hr.
Operate passenger coach over specified or demand responsive routes to transport people to and from their destination on time and in a safe and courteous manner.
- Operate passenger coach over specified routes.
- Pre-inspect coach to detect and report safety or maintenance problems.
- Observe time schedules along specified route while picking up and discharging passengers.
- Ensure receipt of proper fare and accept or issue passenger transfers.
- Observe safe operating practices at all times.
- Operate wheelchair lift as needed.
- Answer passenger questions and requests, furnish accurate information, and appropriately deal with disorderly or unruly passengers.
- Report mechanical defects, accidents, road hazards, personal or passenger injuries to dispatch or supervisor
- Operate a two way radio as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience driving large vehicles preferred, but not required
- Customer Service experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses
- Class B CDL with a passenger endorsement without air brake restriction or Passed CDL test
- Must be 21 years of age at time of hire
- Less than 4 points on driving record
- No driver’s license suspensions in last 7 years
- Must pass background check, Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and Drug/Alcohol testing
- Must pass Customer Service and Safety assessment
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Walk short distances (F)
- Sit for periods of time while driving route(C)
- Handling/Fingering when necessary to operate the passenger coach (C)
- Reach Outward with arms or legs for operation of the passenger coach (C) Reach Above Shoulder when necessary to operate the passenger coach (O)
- Climb stairs on and off bus (O)
- Squat or Kneel to secure wheelchairs if/when necessary (F)
- Bend to secure wheelchairs if/when necessary (F) Push/Pull wheelchairs if/when necessary (O)
- Stand (O)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)