Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Reporting to Accounting Manager in the Controller’s Office within the Financial Administration Division, we are seeking an experienced Capital Accountant to be a driving force on our team, and bringing expertise to financial planning and accounting related to capital projects, fixed assets tracking, and physical plant expenditures. The ideal person for this position will bring a high level of attention to detail, and be comfortable supporting key year-end auditing processes. The ability to investigate, think critically, and meet strict deadlines is essential to the position.
The Capital Accountant is responsible for project cost tracking and fixed asset accounting, focusing on support to VP for Facilities, AVP for Financial Planning and Budgeting and Controller.
- Managing, planning, and directing activities related to capital expenditures including fixed assets, depreciation as well as repair and maintenance expense
- Continuous monitoring of actual project costs against planned spending, providing cash flow projections for large projects and modifying projections for any known changes
- Supporting overall quarterly closings and year-end audit processes in partnership with Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Master’s degree or CPA is preferred
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Review of applications will start on November 27, 2023. This position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.