COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500287
Department: Accounts Payable
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Human Resources, Finance, Budget, Accounting
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Payables Analyst
Salary/Grade: $55000 - $62000
Hours Per Week: 40
This position is the primary touchpoint for the full Accounts Payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, especially with both financial and technical backgrounds are needed. Position requires a high level of integrity and quality of standards with a commitment to accuracy and attention to details.
- Manages the full Accounts Payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment disbursement including reviewing and coding invoices and various payment requests into the electronic Procure-to-Pay system, matching, and approval for payment. Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of various Accounts Payable transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning suppliers account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate suppliers and other parties.
- Analyzes returns, cancellations and investigates unusual / erroneous banking transactions.
- Provides support within the Accounts Payable team to ensure prompt processing, evaluation and reporting, prepares various standard and ad hoc reports.
- Manages certain software system integration exceptions and payment processing issues in related software systems.
- Assists with reconciliation, uploads, and recording of various types of purchasing cards transactions, reviews statements for accuracy and timely processing, prepares periodic payments to banks. Assists with the reconciliation of the related control accounts.
- Provide support to all internal and external customers and auditors as it relates to disbursement inquiries.
- Prepares periodic payments (ACH, checks, SUA).
- Operational responsibilities include preparation of analysis and summary reports of activities such as the number and type of payments (Checks, ACH, and Singe Use Accounts), assistance with the 1099 reporting for the annual filing requirement with IRS Reviewing processes for strategic improvements.
- Stays current on Accounts Payables regulatory requirements, continuing education, and best practices in Payables. Stays current on software changes and new system functionality and troubleshooting / testing current problems with the applicable software applications.
- Ability to review and evaluate operating procedures and recommend improvements
- Maintains various document imaging and electronic storage solutions used in Account Payables department and staying current on new technologies related to document imaging.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years Accounts Payable, Finance or Accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach resume and cover letter
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 03 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time