Payables Compliance Analyst
Payables Compliance Analyst
Job no: 498933
Department: Accounts Payable
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Finance, Budget, Accounting
Status: Full Time
This position is the primary touchpoint for the continual review and development of departmental policies procedures and implementation (as needed) of processes and practices in Accounts Payables. The Payables Compliance Analyst is overall responsible for compliance and implementation of internal controls for the Payables department operations. Other responsibilities include maintaining accurate suppliers’ records and proper designations for the 1099 reporting and compliance purposes.
• Perform analysis of Accounts Payable transactions for proper classification, conformity with University policies and all applicable law and regulation. Develop and maintain desktop procedures to ensure current processes are accurately documented.
• Conduct the tax law and regulation research to insure tax compliance and proper reporting of various types of payments.
• Research and deliver solution for a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning interpretation of business transactions, method of payment, account status, and efficient processing. Communicate with suppliers, faculty, staff, and students as necessary to resolve issues or answer inquiries.
• Establish and maintain a system of departmental KPI performance measurements.
• Develop and train faculty and staff in the proper use of the purchasing and accounts payable systems, including providing guidance and direction relative to University purchasing and payments policies and procedures.
• Maintain University suppliers’ records and related documentation. Complete periodic review of suppliers’ records as required by University policies. Encourage suppliers’ participation in the electronic payment processes (ACH and SUA).
• Maintain supplier submitted W-9 documentation and designate 1099 recipients in accordance with IRS guidelines. Prepare and submit required IRS 1099 filings.
• Process international wire transactions, perform analysis of currency conversion and transaction charges. Investigate international payment issues, provide consultation to departments paying foreign suppliers and individuals.
• Review existing processes for strategic improvements and implementation of Lean principles.
• Staying current on regulatory requirements, continuing education, and best practices in Accounts Payables. Staying current on software changes and new system functionality and troubleshooting problems with software systems such as Banner, Buyway, Chrome River, Form Stack applications.
• Analysis of list of outstanding checks, identification, and processing of stale checks, collaboration with University departments to ensure proper payment processing and appropriate accounting for stale checks.
• Assist the Accounts Payable team with preparation and gathering supporting documentation for all internal and external audits.
• Collaborate with Student organizations to facilitate treasurers’ access to the procure-to-pay system. Maintain and update the training material in Canvas.
• Train and monitor student workers that assist with Accounts payable-related tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and 3-4 years of Accounts Payable and business operations experience; OR
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1-2 years of Accounts Payable and business operations experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.
• Experience with complex ERP systems, web-based applications for financial transactions and expense management, document imaging systems, and electronic payment methods.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work with representatives from various departments and outside suppliers.
• Excellent planning, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
• Ability to work well independently and with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Resume, Cover Letter, and the name of 3 employment references
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time