Regional Philanthropy Officer II
Make your career count! The Red Cross is seeking a visionary fundraiser who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our corporate partners, individual donors and foundations, and serve our mission. You will be expected to meet annual revenue targets by engaging, cultivating, and ultimately soliciting major gifts from donors and coordinating an annual event, thereby advancing the organizational mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of that mission.
- Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the national office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect
- Manages an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develops donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable, and complex asks. Solicits assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters
- Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $2,500 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with region’s assigned Gift Planning Officer to solicit those prospects. Updates donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts
- Develops ongoing relationships with major donors, corporations, and foundations for the benefits of the American Red Cross. Accountable for cultivating relationships for individual fundraising, organizational fundraising, or both and by supporting volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society of Women Leaders as a key program
- Participates in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. May oversee and have responsibility for staff development
- It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train, and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function
- Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable
- Minimum five years sales and/or fundraising experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation
- Requires frequent travel within the region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region
- May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.