Administrative Assistant II- Economics, Marketing, Management & Entrepreneurship
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
We are seeking applications for a full-time position of Administrative Assistant II supporting department chairs, center directors, and faculty from the departments of Economics, Marketing, and Management & Entrepreneurship.
- Communication with faculty and students
- Maintenance of faculty, student, and department files
- Onboarding of adjunct faculty
- Coordination of faculty hires
- Appointment and event scheduling/coordination
- Student advising and registration preparation
- Budget administration including purchasing and reimbursements
- Support of faculty and student travel
- Updates to departmental websites
- Other duties as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years of administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written, oral communication, and computer skills
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Demonstrates a service orientation
- A team player
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in academics
- Experience at Xavier University, familiarity with Banner, FLAC, Cascade and XavierBuy
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by September 27, 2022. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.