Administrative Assistant II, Music & Theatre
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the Department of Music and Theatre. This position will provide administrative support for the chair and faculty members of the Music and Theatre Department. The duties would including budget administration, facility/space scheduling, faculty compensation support, and student worker management.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience
- A demonstrated skill within Microsoft Office programs, including high proficiency with Excel.
- Experience managing budget data
- Excellent written, oral, communication skills
- Ability to master and organize details
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Experience in academic organizations
- Familiarity with key university systems such as Banner, Cascade, FLAC, OpenHire, WorkFlow, and XavierBuy
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by October 18, 2021. Candidates are asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.