Administrative Assistant II, School of Education
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier is seeking an administrative assistant to provide support and data management in the School of Education. This position will report to the Directors in the Special Education and Secondary Education programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all areas of student services, which includes prospective and current students from enrollment through graduation
- Coordinate with Adjunct Faculty including payroll
- Communicate with undergraduate and graduate students
- Attend Program meeting and record minutes
- Maintain program data for compliance for accreditation
- Assist with student registration and drops/adds
- Assist with summer, fall and spring class schedule production
- Maintain budget and expenditures
- Manage Xavier Buy
- Procure textbooks
- Monitor and update the program websites, handbooks, and marketing materials
- Assist with student awards and special events including annual spring pinning ceremony, fall and spring recruitment events
- Maintain student records
- Communicate with field sites
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two to three years of administrative assistant experience. Experience in a college or university setting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Banner, Slate, Castle Branch, Cascade preferred
- Professional Demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidential information
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by August 8, 2022. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.