Administrative Assistant III – College of Nursing
The College of Nursing at Xavier University is seeking a talented candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant III to manage the operation of the Dean’s office and provide analytical and administrative support to the Dean and Associate Dean. This position reports directly to the Dean of the College of Nursing (CoN).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Dean’s Office general communications with the CoN department offices and major campus administrative offices, including other campus units and the public.
- Review, edit, and prepare memos, draft emails/messages, presentations, templates, presentations, and reports for CoN Dean’s office.
- Manage complex schedule calendar.
- Act as the point person for the CoN Advisory Board to distribute meeting agendas and meeting materials and take minutes for the meetings.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for travel arrangements, meetings and special events, i.e. faculty development events, adjunct orientation, graduation.
- Maintain confidential faculty and staff personnel files, tenure, and merit information.
- Assist with accommodation, probation/suspension letters and Dean’s List.
- In collaboration with the ABSN Administrative Assistant, manage new faculty and adjuncts onboarding, job requisitions, and appropriate access setup.
- Assist in managing/monitoring the Dean’s office budgets, including purchasing, transfers, disbursements, and related fund activity.
- Assist in award distributions, stipends, tutorials, student work-study and internships, and supplemental faculty pay.
- Serve as the CON physical space coordinator, i.e. reporting service needs, ordering signage and keys, and stocking, refilling, and reordering all sanitation supplies for the building.
- Provide technical support for special projects or initiatives for the College of Nursing.
- Manage databases for collection and entry of college data for reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience is preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Quick learner
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by May 30, 2023. Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.