Administrative Assistant III, College of Professional Sciences Dean's Office
Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The College of Professional Sciences Dean’s Office is seeking applications for a full-time position of Administrative Assistant III supporting the deans with their various responsibilities, work independently with a high degree of confidentiality and other duties as assigned. The administrative assistant takes on both daily tasks and emerging demands and challenges.
This position requires a keen ability to listen, support and relate to students, faculty, and staff. It also requires effective attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, empathy for others, and a willingness to work together to support the department’s academic programs and the university. The position also requires effective communication skills that support critical collaborations with faculty, staff and students. The successful candidate will demonstrate effective time management, resourcefulness, and be able to anticipate needs of the department chair and faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following list of duties is meant to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility here will not preclude it from the position.
- Interact with college staff, external partners, student workers, outside vendors, students, and the general public while performing various tasks.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the college, including undergraduate and graduate student academic matters through workflow and forms.
- Communicate with full-time and adjunct faculty, staff members, and students relating to schedules changes, meetings, and other important information.
- Maintain supplies, including ordering and assisting in finding necessary supplies.
- Support data entry and ground level budget information and processing for CPS Dean’s office.
- Prepare and process paperwork for purchase orders, check requisitions, interdepartmental transfers, budget revisions and travel forms as directed; tracks goods and service ordered as appropriate in relationship to the associate deans.
- Coordinate logistics for special events such as website, cashnet, brochures, reservations, budget, registration, CEUs.
- High school diploma or GED required; College experience preferred.
- Three years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- An understanding of issues facing contemporary higher education and capacity to engage the culture of a Jesuit Catholic university.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in academics.
- Experience at Xavier University, familiarity with Banner, FLAC, Cascade and XavierBuy.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by September 27, 2022. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.