Administrative Assistant--Refugee Resettlement
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Administrative Assistant with our Refugee Resettlement Program.
As the official refugee resettlement agency for the Greater Cincinnati area, Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio has resettled over 12,000 refugees since 1980. Catholic Charities is ready to welcome and support them to rebuild a new life in Greater Cincinnati. There is already a pipeline of refugees fleeing from other countries whom we are resettling, including the Congo, Syria and Sudan. We know Cincinnati is a welcoming and generous community.
Come and join our team! There is an opportunity for you to participate in our mission for world class compassion and hospitality. As the Refugee Resettlement Services Administrative Assistant, you will serve as an integral part of the Refugee Resettlement team, helping to support the program staff. This position supports the program staff with organization, administrative work, client triage, referrals, data management, continuous improvement and reporting.
This position will work out of our Cincinnati MidPointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237) normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30-pm, and reports to the Director of Refugee Resettlement Services
CCSWOH offers comprehensive benefits package including group health, dental, vision insurance, 401k employer contribution, employee assistance plan, life insurance, and disability coverage. Visit https://benefits.catholiccincinnati.org/ to view specifics on group insurance coverage. Immediate eligibility of 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays per year.
- Receives all phone calls for the resettlement staff where a specific person is not requested, screen, triage and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
- Provide general information about the Refugee Resettlement program and services it offers to callers and visitors.
- Maintain, support and enter data for all Refugee Resettlement programs into databases. Create audit reports and resolve any discrepancies. Extract and distribute reports from database for internal and external use.
- Track outcomes for Refugee Resettlement grants. Prepare reports as requested. Ensure monthly completion of staff time sheets for grant billing.
- Maintain program case documentation and data management tool.
- Review cases for Continuous Quality Improvement and chart compliance. Update and maintain client’s case files, and refugee database.
- Assist staff by creating case files, pre-filling forms and ensuring effective process for chart management.
- Oversee the administration, input and reporting of the client satisfaction surveys.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Director of Refugee Resettlement.
- Attend Quarterly Consultation meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Manage an electronic annual calendar of Refugee Resettlement activities and services.
- Assist with volunteer scheduling and onboarding of new volunteers.
- Order, receive and distribute office supplies and business cards for Refugee Resettlement staff members. Order, distribute and keep inventory of bus passes.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Coordinate logistics for Refugee Resettlement special events.
- Provide case triage for walk-in clients.
- Assist with intake assessments for secondary migrants and asylees and assist with case planning and implementation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and aptitude to quickly learn other software applications.
- Excellent standard keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Culturally competent with diverse, international clients and individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with Salesforce
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Starting pay range for this position is between $15.00-$18.50/hr, depending upon experience.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.