AR, Credit & Collections Specialist
As the global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of decorative surfacing materials, Formica Corporation offers its customers the best performing products in the industry. We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional to join us at our North American headquarters as an:
Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections Specialist.
The position requires daily activity associated with cash application including bank and ledger reconciliation. The position is also responsible for deduction management and collections to ensure timely resolution of customer’s accounts.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Cash Application and Deduction Management:
- Daily cash application in Cashbook for US, Canada, and Mexico
- Research short pays and deductions; customer follow up when applicable
- Input necessary claims in B2B claim system
- Track claims and follow up to ensure credits are issued
- Perform offsets and write-offs in AR to the General Ledger
- Collect accounts from assigned portfolio
- Follow up on skipped invoices when applying cash
- Collect invalid deductions/short pays
- Provide document copies/POD’s upon customers’ request
- Account Management/Credit:
- Set up new accounts and perform customer maintenance
- Research new credit applications, analyze credit reports
- Release credit holds for assigned portfolio
- Perform annual file revisions for assigned portfolio
- Other Duties:
- Manage departmental mailboxes
- Respond to credit inquiries
- Daily and monthly departmental AR reporting
Qualified candidate will have 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing organization. Must have a HS Diploma, Associate’s degree in related field preferred. Proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel required.
We offer an excellent compensation/benefits package. To inquire, please visit our Career Center at http://www.formica.com/en-us/careers.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Only qualified individuals (those who meet the fundamental qualifications) will be considered as applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted for a minimum of 3 days from the date of the initial posting.