Community Strategies Coordinator
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board - www.gcfdn.org\news\5-million-committed-to-racial-justice\
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz - www.gcfdn.org/news/join-us-in-solidarity/
GCF is Gold Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
The Community Strategies Coordinator (“CS Coordinator”) is a key contributor in helping fulfill the vision, mission and objectives of the Community Strategies team. This position provides administrative support and coordinates the operational and program aspects of the grantmaking and community leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as a problem solver and provide administrative support for coordination of schedules, materials, projects, and other various tasks
- Triage internal and external requests from staff, nonprofit partners and community members
- Oversee and coordinate logistics for Community Strategies team meetings, site visits, workshops, and committee meetings.
- Receives and acknowledges application and proposal submissions and manages grant-tracking system for both awarded and denied proposals
- Works with the Community Strategies Committee and Community Leadership/Grantmaking team to schedule meetings, reviews, coordinate site visits, and other aspects of the grantmaking process as needed
- Works with the President/CEO’s Executive Assistant to coordinate materials for quarterly Community Strategies Committee meetings
- Work collaboratively with other departments at GCF to assure smooth and efficient flow of information
- Provide administrative and calendar support for Director of Community Strategies and Vice President of Community Strategies
- Salesforce and Foundant data management
- Monitor and update website
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree or 3+ equivalent work experience
- Preferred related work experience in education/training, communications, grant writing, grant review, nonprofit development, and/or public policy
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Commitment to serve the community
- Strong customer service attitude. Ability to communicate and interact will with external partners and non-profits.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and successful within changing environment and multiple demands
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills—oral and written
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Power Point
- Preferred experience with Salesforce
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.
If interested, please apply on our website at www.gcfdn.org/careers/