Coordinator of Administrative Services
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job No: 500981
Department: Education Health & Society College
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Coordinator of Administrative Services
Coordinator of Administrative Services to coordinate and provide activities that ensure the efficient and effective running of the Office of the Dean in the College of Education, Health, and Society. This includes managing the office, providing organizational and administrative support for members of the Dean’s Office, supporting accreditation activities, and managing college events.
Founded in 1902, the College of Education, Health, and Society was Miami University’s first professional school and home to Miami’s first graduate of color and continues to lead the way with the highest percentage of diverse students and faculty across the university. The College embraces the rich opportunities available for cross-disciplinary collaboration across its six departments (Educational Leadership; Educational Psychology; Family Science and Social Work; Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Health; Sport Leadership and Management; and Teacher Education).
The Coordinator of Administrative Services will:
- Provide support for several divisional committees, by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, processing and tracking petitions-and curriculum requests.
- Serve as divisional point of contact for Dean's office, which includes providing front office support by managing divisional emails, answering phones, greeting visitors, and assisting faculty and students.
- Provide support for event planning and execution for key college events, including the divisional graduation ceremony, student and staff recognition events, alumni events, college-wide meetings, and community activities.
- Process and track faculty applications for grants, update canvas websites, update databases, send letters to students, make comments to degree audit reports, send acknowledgement letters to donors, and send Dean’s List cards.
- Provide administrative support for Associate Deans, which includes managing calendars, travel itineraries and arrangements, and scheduling meetings.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Assessment and Evaluation, which includes gathering statistical data, preparing reports, and scheduling accreditation visit logistics.
- Supervise student employees in the office by hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and approving time cards.
- Provide administrative support for assembling and distributing faculty annual evaluations, promotion and tenure packets.
- Provide primary support and leadership when processing Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) for Office of the Dean and associated college-level offices. Serve as the primary point of contact for departmental administrative staff to support their training and provide assistance with troubleshooting the processing of MOUs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree, vocational or technical training in Business Administration; 3-5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
**Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in business or closely related field; three or more years of experience supporting senior leadership position(s) or comparable academic position; knowledge of Miami University’s system; ability to work independently and collaboratively with initiative; ability to manage multiple projects, people, and processes. Excellent written and oral communication; ability to work as a team leader; database management and computer skills; strong organizational skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a cover letter and resume to PageUp link. Inquiries may be directed to Beth Niehoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin November 4, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 21 Oct 2022 Eastern Daylight Time