We are Hiring!
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a difference in the community? Bethany House Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Bethany House Services (BHS) is looking for you.
Then check out these job opportunities….
This position is a key role responsible for the management and growth of a rapidly growing major gifts program, helping to achieve strategic objectives and revenue goals for the agency. This position is responsible for securing and expanding financial support and for collaborating on internal and external communications, marketing, and public relations. The Development Director is responsible for leading the volunteer services function, special events, staff development, marketing activities by developing strategic plans including infrastructure to achieve development and communication goals.
The most qualified candidate should have
- 4-6 years’ related experience in a fundraising management role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or relevant combination of skills and expertise
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for support and professional staff.
- Demonstrated success in major gifts at the $25,000+ level
- Excellent volunteer management ability, with experience directly managing a board or committee a strong asset
- Experience in developing donor-facing communications, fund applications, case writing and impact reports
- Demonstrated excellence in stewardship, which makes our donors feel celebrated with mass-communication celebrations, individualized stewardship plans, donor recognition activities and customized approaches
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
- Demonstrated success in direct mail, proposal writing, major gifts, planned giving, and public relations.
- Successful experience in Public Relations management and media relations desirable.
- Superior communication skills required, and knowledge of computer networking and common word-processing software, databases, spreadsheets, and communication technology; Raisers’ Edge/ Financial Edge; Blackbaud (or equal experience) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and in a team.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Mary Bennett Brown, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org or