Donor Services Associate
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
GCF's values are generosity, greater good, equity, trailblazing and growth. Generosity fuels our work. We exist for the greater good in the region with equity being our North Star. We embrace our role as a leadership organization that requires vision and trailblazing. Maintaining a growth mind allows us to think big and stay driven.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board - http://www.gcfdn.org/news/5-million-committed-to-racial-justice/
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz - http://www.gcfdn.org/news/join-us-in-solidarity/
Job Description and Key Relationships
This position is responsible for the administrative support of the Donor Services (DS) team and the Chief Philanthropy Officer. The position requires the ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy, maintain a strong customer orientation, and the ability to maintain and apply working knowledge of industry guidelines and organizational best practices. This position reports to the Director, Donor Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provide informed and proactive administrative support
- Own assigned processes; ensure team members are aligned, adhering and following through
- Manage calendars, appointments, and meetings for leadership staff; liaise with internal and external parties
- Facilitate scheduling and implement planning, preparation and staffing related to events and meetings
- Support administrative activities associated with select business responsibilities of the Chief Philanthropy Officer and, less frequently, other DS team members
- Execute correspondence and large-scale mailings; troubleshooting and correcting errors
- Maintain, reconcile and submit invoices and credit card billings, tracking receipts and expenses
- Liaise with PIF and CGA providers, elevating issues to appropriate staff as needed
- Maintain paper files and take meeting minutes
- Serve as backup to troubleshoot donor inquiries, front desk support, phone coverage, and hub management
- Other duties as assigned
Serve as primary source for donor data integrity in Salesforce and Foundation Power
- Assist in the setup of new funds with an eye on accuracy and follow through
- Update constituent information in Salesforce, identifying and rectifying outlying information and gaps
- Run and distribute department data integrity reports
Maintain department processes
- Regularly identify opportunities to update processes related to Donor Services, focused on continuous development/improvement of streamlined processes, workflow, and efficiency for department
- Ensure team is apprised and trained on processes
- Work collaboratively with other departments at GCF to ensure smooth and efficient flow of information
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have experience supporting departments and teams with multiple priorities and fluctuating assignments
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in administrative support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn CRM programs including SalesForce and Foundation Power
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of curiosity; interest in mastering processes and gaining intermediate understanding of industry guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish good working relationships with foundation staff, colleagues, donors, and fund managers
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
Pay Range: $42,000-$48,000
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented peopled want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
GCF is a Gold Level certified with Ellequate (Formerly Queen City Certified), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
If interested, please apply on our website at www.gcfdn.org/careers