Job no: 501351
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, Fund Raising, Development, Alumni
Status: Full Time
The Executive Assistant will assist with the overall daily operations of the Assistant Vice President for University Advancement, Donor Engagement and Board Relations, and President of the Miami University Foundation. This position will also provide support to the Chief Administrative Officer of the Miami University Foundation and the Associate Director, Volunteer Boards.
Performs a variety of very complex administrative tasks requiring substantial discretion and independent judgment related to overseeing the daily operations of the Miami University Foundation and more. Maintains, configures, and analyzes confidential financial/academic databases, works on special projects, prepares special correspondence and develops detailed (often complex) reports. Requires ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis, following a successful period of six (6) months of employment. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Writes and tracks Gift Agreements with precision.
- Proofreads multiple documents to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Provides high-level administrative facilitation in support of the Miami University Foundation and Miami University volunteer boards. Ensures work product meets professional standards of high-level volunteer boards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff, key volunteers, and donors; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to University Advancement.
- Assists University staff, faculty, volunteers, and donors; answers Foundation-specific inquiries and provides information to volunteers and donors about their philanthropy and volunteer experience.
- Manages schedule for the Assistant Vice President for University Advancement, Donor Engagement and Board Relations, President and Chief Administrative Officer, Miami University Foundation.
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding department's programs and initiatives for Vice President and Development staff members; produces reports.
- Assists in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
- Attends events as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Associate Degree or higher; or a minimum of two years relevant experience working directly with volunteers, donors, and/or customers.
- Experience providing administrative support for leadership positions.
- 2-5 years of administrative support experience
- Experience with events, donors and volunteers.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets (Word, Excel, Google).
- Must have professional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with diverse constituencies.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and have excellent attention to details and accuracy.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time