Executive Assistant Office of the Vice President for Mission and Ministry/Center for Mission and Identity
Xavier University is part of a 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic history of academic excellence. Central to our purpose, vision, mission and values, we are committed to successfully “educate each student intellectually, morally and spiritually.” We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. In this context, Xavier seeks applications for the position of Executive Assistant.
Provide administrative and project support for the Division of Mission and Ministry with a focus on administrative assistance to the Vice President for Mission and Ministry and the Center for Mission and Identity. This role includes a high degree of office management skills (human, financial and technical) and communication with internal and external constituents. There is an expectation of support for annual events and special one-time projects. A strong organizational capacity and the maintenance of confidential records are necessary.
Oversee the Operational Functions of the Center for Mission and Identity and Office of the Vice President.
- Work collaboratively with University personnel, divisions, departments, and committees to promote Division effectiveness; interact professionally and courteously with all levels of University constituents and acquire necessary information to determine a course of action.
- Execute business office operations tasks such as managing multiple office budgets, reconciling credit card receipts, ordering office supplies, , drafting routine correspondence, and oversight of office and institutional memberships and sponsorships in local and national associations and networks.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for the Chief Mission Officer/VP, Center staff.
- Support the hiring and supervision of student workers; oversee their workload, approve time-sheets, and train as needed.
- Manage print resource inquiries, purchases, and box mailings of the www.JesuitResourc.org materials.
- Maintain staff calendar.
- Establish, maintain and retrieve confidential records and information.
- Provide administrative support for the Division with a focus on campus mission events, conferences, and faculty and staff development. Assist in the coordination and implementation of events, activities and projects, including word processing, scheduling, notification/correspondence, purchasing, resource preparation, record keeping, and hospitality.
- Represent the Division and serve as a point person for sponsored functions
Board of Trustee Committee Support
Support the VP/CMO in serving as the staff liaison to the Board’s Jesuit Mission and Identity Committee, including taking accurate meeting minutes, scheduling and routine communications with members.
Communication and Information Management
- Provide support to the VP/CMO and Director through information and data gathering to support development of metrics and support of best practices, including tracking of the Province Ignatian Educators of Distinction.
- Draft clear professional communications.
- Effectively proofread and edit reports and presentations of staff, including for the Board of Trustees, conferences, communications, etc.
- Assist in coordinating campus delegates to network regional/national conferences.
- Assist in the coordination of mission/identity conferences held on campus and visitors to campus, including the Midwest Provincial Assistant for Higher Education.
- Engage in continuing education and professional development.
- Handle other duties as assigned which may arise from University or network responsibilities assigned to staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 6 years Administrative Assistant or related experience.
- Ability to represent the University’s mission in hospitality, customer service; and comfort working within a diverse, highly educated community and, by association of the Vice President and Center, the office of the President.
- Work manner that is proactive, positive, and attentive to detail.
- Strong computer comfort and skills, including use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Outlook, Zoom and Banner are pluses.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets and use University’s financial records system.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple events and provide support for multiple staff, including student employees.
- Strong communication skills, including drafting routine communications and taking meeting minutes.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters and records.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in a university setting and/or a college education.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Review of applications begins on June 5, 2023 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.