Legal Assistant - Hamilton Office
Full-Time Position: Legal Assistant, Hamilton, OH
August 29, 2022
Position open until filled
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati (Legal Aid) has an immediate need for a full-time Legal Assistant (37.5 hours/week) for our branch office in Hamilton, Ohio.
Together with its affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, Legal Aid serves Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio. With two full-service offices (downtown Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio) and a staff of about 95 (including 45 attorneys and 14 paralegals), Legal Aid is Southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm. Our mission is to reduce poverty and ensure family stability through effective legal assistance. Legal Aid has four practice groups: Housing and Consumer; Income, Work, and Health; Family and Immigration; and Children and Education. For additional information, please see our website: www.lascinti.org.
This position provides support to several attorneys and guardians ad litem. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of correspondence and electronic filing of legal documents and pleadings with proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar, speed and accuracy
- Composition and completion of letters, forms, and memos
- Distribution of mail and intra-office communications
- Coordination of offsite divorce clinics including: preparation of legal documentation, and interactions with volunteer lawyers, clients and the courts
- Greet and direct Legal Aid office visitors who are requesting services or meeting with staff
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to Guardian ad Litem project, including case intake, assignments to contract attorneys, and monthly reporting
- Frequent phone and email communication with courts, clients, opposing parties, counsel and various agencies
- Other tasks as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Three or more years of relevant, secretarial, administrative assistant, paralegal or office management experience
- Comfortable interacting with Legal Aid’s applicants/clients
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 60 wpm
- Excellent communication skills, desire to work closely with a team and ability to adapt to change
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and aptitude for utilizing technology
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment driven by project deadlines and client service
- Ability to anticipate needs
- Organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and positive attitude towards learning
- Comfort with Adobe Acrobat DC a plus
This is a non-exempt position. Compensation will be based on the successful applicant’s level of experience. The Legal Aid Society offers a pleasant work environment, and an excellent benefits package including health, insurance, pension contribution and generous PTO.
Candidates must submit all of the listed items, as Word or pdf documents, attached to an email:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest,
- Current resume, and
- Contact information for three professional references.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.
Interviews will be arranged by Employer, no phone calls please.