Mailing Services Specialist - Part-Time
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier is seeking a part-time Mailing Services Specialist to work in the University’s post office. This is an hourly position working 6 hours each weekday, from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
The position is responsible for processing and distributing mail and packages for USPS and all other carriers as well as interdepartmental mail in accordance to established procedures and federal postal regulation. Also responsible for scanning and tracking all packages and mail for faculty, staff and students as well as deliver mail and packages to faculty and staff on campus.
This person will be responsible for the following:
- Perform daily opening and closing operations.
- Advise/answers questions and provides information for external and internal personnel concerning all facets of mailing services.
- Ensure that all letters, flats and parcels sent by paying customers and the university adhere to all U.S.P.S. regulations and are correctly posted for shipment.
- Perform the sorting, weighing and metering of outgoing mail, ensuring all mail adheres to applicable Federal postal regulations, provides information concerning rates and most efficient and economical means of mailing materials for mailing service center customers.
- Address customer email and phone inquiries in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers at counter or by telephone and monitor department email inbox and answer any questions customers may have.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver's License required and must qualify as insurable driver for the use of University vehicles.
- Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.).
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by January 27, 2021. Candidates are asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.