Operations Coordinator, Center for Teaching Excellence/University Library
Xavier University is an integral part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts, with a strong commitment to advancing a culture of diversity, equity and belonging. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out varied perspectives.
The Operations Coordinator position will provide administrative, budget, and event support primarily for the Center for Teaching Excellence and University Library, with additional occasional support provided for Instructional Design & Technology, Digital Media Services, and Grant Services. This includes overseeing budgets and managing expenditures; coordinating programs and events; supporting communication; and interfacing regularly with faculty and staff.
This position is 0.8 FTE (30 hours per week or 1,560 per year) and eligible for full-time employee benefits. Work hours are M-F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, with occasional need for earlier or later hours. The distribution of working hours is negotiable, for example 4 days a week for 12 months, or 5 days a week during busier seasons to accommodate greater flexibility during summer and university breaks. Some remote work (up to 1 day a week during the academic year and more outside the academic year) may also be possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage budgets
- Provide budgetary oversight and oversee budgets approved for individual programs
- Process expenditures and expense requests in XavierBuy
- Allocate P-Card expenses and coordinate payments and purchases for faculty
- Assist with planning and coordinating events and meetings, including catering, travel arrangements for speakers, event announcements, and tracking registration and attendance
- Support program logistics, including managing application materials, tracking nominations and proposals, and distributing surveys
- Manage CTE spaces, including scheduling, event set-up/clean-up, and maintaining supplies and room conditions
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and visitors to the CTE
- Monitor email, update websites, and answer calls
- Engage in department meetings and programs as needed
- High school diploma with 3-5 years administrative experience
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office, including proficiency with Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in higher education
To ensure consideration, interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website no later than June 4, 2023.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.