Expected Starting Salary Range: 16.98 - 20.43
Prepares statistical reports, codes diseases and operations according to accepted classification; maintains indexes according to established plans and procedures.
- Provides assistance to other CCHMC staff members and customers by processing requests for patient information in a manner that adheres to HIPAA and HIM department standards, prioritizing requests for information, and trouble shooting issues. Assists with the appropriate release of patient information, upon request, according to CCHMC and department policies. Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments such that needs of all customers are met. Functions as an effective team member within individual teams and departmental teams. Coordinates requests for information related to research, payment, and healthcare operations.
- Collects and reconciles discharged patient records from Inpatient units and Same Day Surgery. Collects outpatient records from clinical areas and other designated locations. Prepares documents for imaging according to established procedures. Sorts documents according to established prepping procedures. Converts and manages electronic images using electronic scanning technology. Operates scanners to produce high quality electronic images of documents. Uploads images electronically into the Imaging system, upon satisfactory completion of quality review. Identifies issues and initiates discussion to resolve. Prepares boxes of imaged paper records to be sent to offsite storage vendor, including creation of inventory of box content. Adds accounts to ChartMaxx when scanning of clinic shadow records necessitates special account creation.
- Trains newly hired HIM EDMT staff on all aspects of the Enterprise Imaging Process and on all policies and procedures related to maintaining the medical record in all media. Provides support and guidance to newly hired HIM EDMT staff. Perform secondary quality review of work performed by newly hired ECMTs until their Initial Work Period is complete. Provides feedback to management on progress of training. Serves as a resource for newly hired EDMT staff on operating office equipment. Performs equipment checks on cameras, rollers, image guides, etc. to verify the system is operational at the beginning of each shift. Performs basic troubleshooting as a response to failure of technical equipment, engaging additional resources as appropriate.
- Performs secondary quality review for documents scanned during the training phase for EDMT staff. Performs secondary quality review of documents scanned that meet the destruction schedule. Ensures proper organization and maintenance of the medical record in all media. Maintains production and measurement statistics. Consistently meets department productivity and quality standards. Maintains a neat functional work space that is organized, safe, accessible, and that provides an effective and efficient environment for employees, patients, and families.
- Effectively demonstrates communication skills related to conveying information. Promptly answers the telephone, acknowledge, greet, and assist any HIM Department customer. Researches information following well defined paths and responds to requests. Prioritizes multiple requests for information. Functions as a resource on Electronic Content and Record Management policy and processes. Acts as a liaison and works effectively with other departments, external agencies, and vendors. Troubleshoots in response to problems and poses solutions. Orient new staff to department. Function as an effective team member within individual teams and department teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).