Database Reporting Analyst
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manages the organization and use of client, policy/product, producer, and externally-sourced data in collaboration with the Data & Analytics COE to conduct marketing analytics for W&S Agency.
Extracts, curates, transforms and stores data for business intelligence, and identifies opportunities to increase the effectiveness and profitability of sales, service and recruiting and retention activities for Agency’s field and contact center.
Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalates to manager when necessary and updates manager on a regular basis.
- Provides advanced analysis of marketing and business intelligence for various Agency departments in order to increase business effectiveness and profitability through data mining.
- Develops and tracks key measures of success, metrics/KPIs and targets, developing plans to achieve targets and proactively communicates progress to key stakeholders.
- Provides both recurring and ad hoc reporting/mapping along with relevant business recommendations as requested. Identifies, extracts, curates, cleans, merges and stores internal and external data for use in further analysis or presented in aggregate report form.
- Ensures all sales, relationship building and recruiting data necessary to performing requisite analyses is housed in the data warehouse.
- Works with Information Services to maintain an optimal structure of information while managing the data warehouse. Ensures that the data in the data warehouse is as accurate as possible.
- Develops and maintains databases, data tables, and automated data reporting tools (i.e., Tableau), storing and presenting information from disparate sources to optimize data availability.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and makes suggestions to increase sales and meet business goals using relevent marketing data to drive activities and decisions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for prospect, client, policy/product and producer/channel data for W&S Agency.
- Collaborates with internal teams and third-party vendors on database management projects to support customer acquisition and retention goals.
- Participates as the Agency representative in external user groups and industry associations.
- Monitors industry trends and identifies emerging techniques, technology and end-uses that could/should be adopted.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge and experience in using reporting and data mining tools.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with experience conveying information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of grammar and diction.
- Must provide examples of written work (reports, presentations, recommendations, etc.).
- Proven experience handling multiple duties and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Must cite examples of project management experience in planning, executing, and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Proven strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Proven ability to transform raw data into actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Data mining experience.
- Superior knowledge of and experience utilizing spreadsheet and database applications (i.e., Access).
- Proficient in word processing and presentation applications.
- Experience with data visualization platforms, e.g., Tableau preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- None required.
- Occasional travel to data management conventions, industry peers, and field offices.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Works in an office setting and frequently requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.