Institutional Research Analyst
Xavier University invites applications for the position of Institutional Research Analyst. This position is responsible for a broad range of activities involving data collection, analysis and reporting in academic and administrative areas. The position will report to the Director of Institutional Research.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and dashboards to support data-driven decision-making and strategic planning.
- Plan, prepare, and produce a variety of regular and ad-hoc queries, reports, and publications to meet external reporting requirements, such as IPEDS, accrediting agencies, state reporting, etc.; and internal informational needs.
- Work with colleagues throughout the University to determine information needs and identify the data to respond to those needs. Develop specifications and solutions for providing the data. Review output for validity, consistency, and accuracy.
- Conduct statistical analyses to support institutional planning, analysis and process improvement.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a research-related field, such as statistics, social science, behavioral science, information science, analytics or an equivalent combination of academic degree achievement and professional knowledge.
- Required Qualifications: 1 to 3 years of experience in research methodology, statistical analysis, trending, interpretation of data and findings, and familiarity with data collection and preparation. Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodology. Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, and to work as a team. Experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau, Power BI. Experience with large databases, MS Access, and quantitative analytical tools, such as SPSS or R. Experience creating custom SQL scripts.
- Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in research-related field with strong quantitative data analysis training, such as sociology, psychology, analytics, statistics, or related discipline.
- Preferred, but not required experience: Experience with higher education data. Experience in survey design, development, implementation and reporting.
To ensure consideration interested/qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Review of applications will start on November 7, 2023. This position will remain open until filled.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Flexible work environment, including ability to work two days remotely each week.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.