Job Title: Artistic Coordinator
Status: Fulltime, exempt
Reporting: Reports to Artistic Administrator
Cincinnati Opera is seeking an Artistic Coordinator, a critical member of the three-person, year-round artistic team who reports to the Artistic Administrator (AA). The position serves both as the company’s primary artist liaison and as department primary liaison to Finance Department.
- Coordinate and communicate artist travel and housing throughout the year, including flight, car service, rental car, hotel, and apartment reservations
- Oversee logistics of artist arrivals and departures
- Coordinate daily artist needs (transportation, grocery runs, scheduling doctor/ENT appointments, general communication)
- Collect necessary information from artist management, such as travel and accommodation preferences, costume measurements, etc.
- Maintain database of COA artist hospitality resources
- Provide rehearsal and artistic support as necessary during rehearsals and/or performances and COA events.
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling for Young Artist, Chorus, General and Supernumerary auditions including arranging for spaces, monitors, accompanist, security, and facility maintenance in conjunction with Production Department
- Field calls and inquiries regarding auditions, including inquiries, schedule changes, cancellations, etc.
GENERAL / CLERICAL
- Assist Artistic Director with calendar organization
- Submit purchase orders, check requests and petty cash needs for general departmental needs
- Track travel and hospitality expenses for Artistic and Production Departments; create and send invoices as needed in coordination with AA
- Assist AA with artistic reimbursement of expenses and any other administrative need outlined in artists contracts
- Process Artistic Department credit cards
- Assist Production and Rehearsal Department during summer season (daily schedule, artist liaison, etc.).
- Coordinate daily catering needs when applicable, such as for Opera Fusion:New Works (OF:NW) residencies (menu distribution, ordering, setup, and clean-up)
- Maintain Artistic Department files (solo singers, directors, conductors, choristers, young artists, dancers, coach accompanists, unsolicited materials from agents, artists, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years working experience in production and/or administration with a professional arts organization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, facility with spreadsheet development and database management
- Strong organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Facility with handling multiple projects and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Disposition for working well on a team and dealing fluently with a wide variety of artists and colleagues
- Must possess a current driver’s license and have the ability to drive regionally to transport artists
- Familiarity with and appreciation of classical music, specifically opera and musical theater, preferred
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com or Human Resources, Cincinnati Opera, 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. The position will remain open until filled.
Cincinnati Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace.