Box Office Associate
Box Office Associate A dynamic, personable, and experienced member of the broader front-of-house team at ETC, Box Office Associates create amazing customer service experiences that enable our guests to fully enjoy our performances. This work transcends ticketing operations, playing an essential role in creating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with our patrons.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, this is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position with a starting rate of $14-16 per hour. The ETC box office is open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm, with additional evening and weekend hours during performance weeks. This means a flexible mix of daytime, evening, and weekend hours will be available to Box Office Associates.
Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made. Employees are also required to maintain full vaccination status against COVID-19 and its variants with routine immunization and/or booster shots as stipulated by current and future CDC guidelines.
Ticketing and Patron Service – 75%
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons, taking every possible step to ensure a welcoming and positive experience, even in difficult situations
- Resolve patrons’ ticket inquiries and issues as they arise in an equitable, professional, and courteous manner
- Process ticket sales and exchanges over the phone and in person
- Print patron tickets as needed
- Assist with subscriber mailings
- Provide additional support for the front of house team and other departments as requested
General Reception Duties – 25%
- Answer the phone and doorbell, greeting, assisting, and directing guests appropriately
- Accept and sign for mail and other packages
In addition to the duties listed above, Ensemble expects the following of each employee: adheres to Ensemble policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in Ensemble events as needed or required; recognizes historical and institutional racism in the American theatre and is willing to commit to learning and to the mission, vision, and values of the theater in areas of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts both in the workplace and in our community; and completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills •
- Proficiency with computers; ticketing experience (especially using Spektrix) preferred • Attention to detail and accuracy of work • Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with and commitment to successful interaction with people of diverse race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, and marital, socioeconomic, immigrant, and veteran statuses
- Digital dexterity and hand-eye coordination in operation of standard office equipment (computers, phones, printers, etc.)
- Ability to speak clearly to and hear/listen to others via phone or in person
- Work can be performed in seated or standing positions, with occasional reaching, stooping or crouching required
- Work takes place in a climate-controlled, group office
- Physical demands and safe working expectations are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the job, with or without accommodation
To Apply Send a cover letter, résumé, and references to Amy Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Box Office Associate, [Last Name]” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Applications will be reviewed as received, with a deadline of March 31, 2023, for priority consideration.