Community Engagement Manager
Position Title: Community Engagement Manger
Department: Patron Experience and Community Engagement
Reports To: Director of Education and Community Engagement
Direct Reports: 0
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Created: September 2021
Cincinnati Ballet’s Community Engagement Manager serves a critical role building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally. They are responsible for launching, managing, overseeing, and implementing new and existing programs that deepen our connection to our community by creating genuine, impactful relationships. The Community Engagement Manager will create and implement enriching experiences that foster current audiences and help build future audiences. This position reports to the Director of Education and Community Engagement while working collaboratively with other internal departments.
The position will interact with all departments including: Administration, Artistic, Academy, Education, Production, Development, Marketing, and patrons.
Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles, and methods. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops successful working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Must be able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Must have commitment to punctuality and be ready to support all time sensitive events and performances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mange event logistics for onsite and offsite community events including scheduling, staffing, accessibility requirements and more
- Champion Cincinnati Ballet and their accessible programming around the community
- Attend community meetings and serve as a representative for Cincinnati Ballet
- Gather demographic and anecdotal information at community events for reporting needs
- Collaborate with development on grant reporting
- Manage the scheduling and logistics for community performance series
- Create and collaborate on audience engagement programming for mainstage performances
- Act as a moderator for community and artists conversations
- Support student performance opportunities
- Coordinate with production and patron experience team on accessibility practices at all events including performances. This includes scheduling audio described, ASL interpreted and other additional accommodations for patrons with specific needs.
- Host community partner performances including community night and sensory friendly performances
- Identify new partners and manage communication with existing community partners
- Work in collaboration to design community engagement strategy and activities each season
- Coordinate all building tours in the new center for dance
- Administer requests for tickets
- Oversee implementation of audience and community engagement programs and events
- The needs of our community are ever changing therefore the description other responsibilities and duties
- Outgoing and positive personality
- Experience in training individuals and groups
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to initiate and exhibit appropriate, professional, and courteous demeanor when interacting with volunteers, staff, and patrons
- Strong ability as a people manager, with the skill to motivate, engage, and train a team
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication and organization skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people in the community
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Respect for confidentiality
- Commitment to the arts
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including some nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on the schedule.
- Travel as appropriate to complete job tasks.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must be willing to complete a background check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should apply through Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/community-engagement-manager-21a480c9f83808d0
Cincinnati Ballet believes our organization and our art is an inclusive space. We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identification, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We invite you to join us!
About Cincinnati Ballet:
Cincinnati Ballet is a place to flourish, be creative, and be supported. We are an inclusive community, where people of all backgrounds work, learn, and create collaboratively, informed always by our organization’s mission –- to enrich, expand, and excel in the art of dance through performance, a high-caliber academy, and impactful education and community engagement in local to global communities. Since 1963, Cincinnati Ballet has been the cornerstone professional ballet company of the region, presenting a bold and adventurous array of classical, full-length ballets and contemporary works. Cincinnati Ballet reaches beyond the stage in programs that allow every person in the region to be part of the continued evolution of dance. Both on and off the stage, Cincinnati Ballet is defined by the collective work of a community of highly skilled creative minds.
Dance is for everyone by everyone.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility move us.
Cincinnati Ballet is committed to transform our company to be more reflective of the diversity in our communities onstage, backstage, and in our offices, studios, classrooms, and boardroom.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are foundational to the mission and values of Cincinnati Ballet. We welcome and celebrate cultural differences, all socioeconomic backgrounds, and embrace our responsibility to provide and prioritize access, inclusion, and belonging.
We are passionate about creating art that is innovative, reflective, and accessible. We will continue to create a professional and educational environment that is a safe place for expression for anyone who intersects with our organization. Through our inclusive environment, we empower everyone to share their unique stories, points of view, and ideas as we continually learn, improve, and develop.