Job Title: Events Manager
Status: Fulltime, exempt
Reporting: Reports to Director of Patron Engagement
Cincinnati Opera is seeking an experienced Events Manager to plan and execute a wide range of patron engagement events and activities for the Cincinnati Opera patron base, which includes both donors and subscribers. Reporting to the Director of Patron Engagement, this position serves as a support to the Patron Engagement team’s cultivation and stewardship efforts as well as the primary manager of Cincinnati Opera’s annual opera ball and other events as necessary.
Event Management Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute all aspects of Cincinnati Opera’s cultivation, stewardship and fundraising events including but not limited to: opera ball, annual major donor event, annual Society of Angels event and patron benefit events
- Serve as primary staff liaison to opera ball and Events committees of the Board
- Serve as support liaison for Artist Hospitality Committee of the Board
- Serve as event liaison with the Production and Artistic departments
- Create event budgets and work with Finance department to ensure efficient and effective management of resources
- Establish and steward vendor relationships and contracts
- Coordinate creation and distribution of event invitations
- Accurately track patron reservations
- Manage event logistics and staffing for events including the coordination of volunteers
- Identify and execute fundraising opportunities related to special events including but not limited to silent or live auctions, raffles, and door prizes
- Solicit and collect needed auction or raffle items, coordinating volunteer involvement when appropriate
- Execute comprehensive table and ticket sales strategies including direct solicitations, coordination of volunteer committee sales force and execution of associated benefits
General Departmental Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the Patron Engagement Department master calendar
- Support the execution of all departmental committee meetings including scheduling, invitations, and room setup
- Assist all team members with the planning of activities and events related to their primary area of responsibility
- Maintain inventory of event related assets
- Aid with general Patron Engagement Department tasks and mailings
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university. Two to three years of event planning or equivalent experience. Prospective candidates must be able to work independently, have a strong work ethic and a high degree of self-motivation, and work well under pressure. They must communicate effectively, exhibit professional integrity, and value and support the mission/vision and strategic direction of the company. Successful candidates will also be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, detail-oriented and results-driven. Experience with Tessitura or a CRM database preferred.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources, Cincinnati Opera, 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. The position will remain open until filled.
Cincinnati Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace.