Guest Experience Specialist FT
All positions listed here are current openings. We only accept applications and resumes for positions that are listed. Applications for positions that are not listed will not be processed. Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding the status of applications or more detailed information about positions.
Cincinnati Museum Center and The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Deliver excellent guest services and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Operate POS register system.
- Follow all processes and procedures to help department meet service and sales goals.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Actively participate in initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world-class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service.
- Assist working in call center one day a week to perform same task as box office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in area of admissions, sales, hospitality, retail or customer service preferred.
- Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues is a plus.
- Previous cash handling experience and operational experience with a POS system strongly preferred.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system and multifaceted computer software systems.
- Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Position is full-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- This position takes place in both indoors and outdoors. This position requires long periods of standing, sitting and walking. May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather, including rain and snow.
- Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.