Social Media Manager
The CSO’s Communications Department works closely with staff across all areas of the organization to help tell the Orchestra’s story and to ensure consistency of messaging. The Social Media Manager crafts a high-impact social media presence for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, and May Festival. The Social Media Manager will plan, design, enhance, and execute a social media presence, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue. The manager will work with Marketing and Digital Content & Innovation team members to create innovative social media campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for incorporating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms into all Marketing and Communications efforts, with the goal of increasing the organization’s visibility, website traffic, ticket sales, and fundraising.
- Ensures brand consistency in social media messages by working closely with the Vice President of Communication and Vice President of Marketing.
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms when appropriate.
- Spearhead posting on social media sites. Monitor and manage social media conversations during daytime and evening hours.
- Collaborate with all departments to integrate every aspect of the organization into the social media content strategy. Maintain authoritative knowledge of all aspects of the institution to ensure that social media content remain current and reflect the institution’s mission.
- Utilize measurement, analytic and reporting tools to assess effectiveness of campaigns.
- Attend selected rehearsals, concerts, and other events to create content
- Be up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
- Assist in the creation of video and photographic assets for promotional and social media use.
- Proof copy for other departments, ensuring the voice and graphic identity of the orchestra is consistent across all communications.
- Performs concert duty: coordinates photography/videography when needed; greets and interacts with press to relay information and answer questions; escorts news camera crews and directs them to get the best possible footage (shared department-wide responsibilities)
- Support organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives as well as supporting a respectful organizational culture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience working in social media marketing and public relations.
- Experience using social media technologies is essential. These include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube along with online monitoring and measurement platforms including Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to handle external communication in a professional manner.
- Must exhibit strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to perform as part of a team and work effectively under deadlines.
- Basic photographic, design and video skills required.
- Knowledge and a history of working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.) are a plus.
- Previous agency experience is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for classical and popular music