Specialist, Guest Experience PT
Reports to: Manager, Guest Experience
Department: Guest Experience
FLSA Status: PT/Non-exempt
The Specialist, Guest Experience (PT) works at the Cincinnati Museum Center as a cashier, greeter, and ticket taker. The Specialist is responsible for providing excellent guest service and accurate information to guests, Members and others who visit the Cincinnati Museum Center. The Specialist uses the POS and scheduling systems to sell tickets and memberships and to secure group reservations and special programs.
- Deliver excellent guest service and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities.
- Provide orientation, guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing, events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Operate POS register system for ticket sales, group check-in, program sales and Membership transactions and fulfillment. Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special programs/event reservations.
- Assist with the execution of all guest and member appreciation events, film screenings, exhibit previews, recognition activities, special offers, paid and public programs, fundraising efforts and cross-promotions to provide special experiences.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Assist with working in call center if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in area of admissions, sales, hospitality, retail or customer service preferred.
- Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues is a plus.
- Previous cash handling experience and operational experience with a POS system strongly preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent guest relation and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations, with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Position is part-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- This position takes place in both indoors and outdoors.
- This position requires long periods of standing, sitting and walking.
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather, including rain and snow.
- Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.
- Be a part of creating meaningful experiences, inspiration and lasting memories!
- Membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center and free admission to Featured Exhibits
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and in gift shops
- Discounts on tours, programs and events