Specialist, Guest Services (FT)
Specialist, Guest Services (FT)
CINCINNATI MUSEUM CENTER
Reports To: Manager, Guest Services
Department: Guest Experiences and Services
FLSA Status: FT/Non-exempt
Rate of Pay: $13.00/hour
The Specialist, Guest Services (FT) works in the call center and is responsible for providing excellent guest service and accurate information to guests, members and others who call the Cincinnati Museum Center. The Specialist uses the multi-line phone systems to interact with guests and uses the point-of-sale and scheduling systems to sell tickets and memberships and to schedule group reservations and special programs.
- Deliver excellent guest services and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities. Provide guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Operate multi-line phone system to provide superior service for internal and external guests.
- Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special programs/event reservations over the phone.
- Assist with the delivery of promotions/initiatives and marketing messages as they relate to guest satisfaction and driving repeat visitation, Member retention and new membership. Actively pursue information related to events, programs, service delivery, salesmanship, special exhibits, museum exhibits, and any other activities.
- Follow all processes and procedures to help department meet service and sales goals.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Actively participate in initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world-class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service.
- Perform cross-training duties on museum floor and box office when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in a customer service or telephone sales role preferred.
- Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues is a plus.
- Excellent guest relation and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, multifaceted computer software systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to complete complex data entry processes with speed and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
- Position is full-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- This position takes place in a fast-paced call center with sound bleed and other distractions during busy times. Majority of the shift is seated, responding to calls and working on a computer. Personal headsets are provided for hands free call response and keying.
- Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.
- Be a part of creating meaningful experiences, inspiration and lasting memories!
- Membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center and free admission to Featured Exhibits and OMNIMAX films
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and in gift shops
- Discounts on tours, programs and events