Specialist, Guest Services PT
Position: Specialist, Guest Services PT
at NATIONAL UNDERGROUND RAILROAD FREEDOM CENTER
Reports to: Manager of Guest Relations and Group Sales
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time – Hourly) $13.00
Department: Guest Services
Guest Services is our front facing staff for greeting guests and welcoming them to The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. The Guest Services Specialist is responsible for ticket sales and answering questions from guests in person and over the phone. Additionally, the Guest Services Specialist leads though providing legendary service to all guests. Guest Services works closely with the public to identify and anticipate their needs and assist visitors with questions and comments.
Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- Operate POS register system for ticket sales, group check-in, program sales and membership transactions.
- Operate a multi-line phone system.
- Greet museum guests and share information both over the phone and in-person to a wide variety of age groups.
- Quickly and intuitively respond to guest inquires and issues.
- Check-in groups and assist with museum orientations.
- Ensure quality experiences are presented to visitors.
- Perform museum opening and closing procedures in regards to security and maintenance.
- Update and maintain Guest Experience Manuals.
- Develop relationships with local businesses and organizations.
- Maintain working knowledge of museum exhibitions – current and upcoming.
- Maintain integrity and accountability as well as high standards of safety and security.
- Participate in Interpretation, Implicit Bias, Sirusware and other trainings as assigned.
- Suggestively sell memberships to guests.
- Adhere to NURFC mission and EPIC Standards and Behaviors.
- Recognize opportunities of growth and address challenges.
- College Graduate or high school graduate with equivalent experience. History, Arts, and Communication degrees/background a plus
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Previous cash handling experience and experience with a POS sales system a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Apply at www.cincymuseum.org/jobs or send resume to HR@cincymuseum.org
Cincinnati Museum Center and the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.