Volunteer Manager and Young Performers Coordinator
Position Title: Volunteer Manager and Young Performers Coordinator
Department: Patron Experience and Community Engagement
Reports To: Vice President of Patron Experience and Community Engagement
Direct Reports: Volunteers
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Created: September 2021
The Volunteer Manager and Young Performers Coordinator serves a critical role both with our internal and external communities at Cincinnati Ballet. This vital role is responsible for recruiting, coordinating, training, and managing the newly launched volunteer program at Cincinnati Ballet. This individual will settle for nothing less than providing the highest degree of service and satisfaction from their volunteers. Additionally, this role is the hub of information and support for the Young Performers team.
The position will interact with all departments including Administration, Artistic, Academy, Education, Production, Development, Marketing, and patrons.
Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles, and methods. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops successful working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Must be able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Must have commitment to punctuality and be ready to support all time sensitive events and performances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview, recruit, and manage volunteers as needed for all departments
- Develop, implement, and conduct training of all volunteers
- Maintain a high level of open and positive ongoing communication with all volunteers in order to convey a sense of value and respect and to increase volunteer participation
- Attend necessary internal and external meetings in order to provide and receive accurate and timely communication regarding the coordination of volunteer initiatives, objectives, and need
- Coordinate and administer all departmental procedures and policies for volunteers
- Analyze the effectiveness of volunteer processes in order to assess and implement improvements
- Maintain database for volunteers
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition
- Provide direct supervision for all volunteer programs at Cincinnati Ballet
- Coordinate and present volunteer orientation presentations (general overview, building and position specific) for all volunteer positions
- Maintain and update policies, procedures, and training manuals specific to volunteers
- Provide reports on volunteer participation, retention, and training needs
- Maintain a flexible work schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Collect and maintain background checks for all volunteers
- Track number of volunteers, demographics, and volunteer hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
Young Performers Coordinator
- Contact schools, gyms, community centers for young performer audition notices
- Collect and maintain all records for auditionees and young performers (registration, waivers/releases, contact information, etc.)
- Create, maintain, and update young performers’ calendar/schedule to share with young performers’ families
- Serve as the liaison between artistic team and young performers for casting, scheduling, costume fittings
- Support Marketing Department with media requests as applicable
- Facilitate ongoing communication and updates for young performers
- Maintain attendance records
- Create volunteer cheat sheets and mapping for young performers entrances and exits during performances
- Train performance volunteers on responsibilities
- Oversee drop-off and pick up processes both during rehearsals and performances
- Greet and welcome patrons, clients, staff, dancers, students with a friendly and positive demeanor
- Assist guests both on the phone and in person with information
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Provide general support as necessary
- Balance receipts and cash drawers at the end of each shift
- Keep current on information for all Cincinnati Ballet performances
- Convey information to assist and direct patrons accordingly
- Understand Cincinnati Ballet’s ticket policies (ADA guidelines, subscriber benefits, ticket exchange policy, payments accepted, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Assist in all Patron Experience projects as well as support all departments at Cincinnati Ballet
Key Professional Experience/Job Requirements:
- Associates degree with 3-5 years of volunteer coordination and engagement experience; or equivalent experience
- CVA or further volunteer management courses highly preferred, but not required
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Strong ability as a people manager, with the skill to motivate, engage, and train a team
- Outgoing and positive personality
- Knowledge of national trends in volunteer engagement
- Knowledge of principle and practices of volunteer management
- Experience in training individuals and groups
- Ability to effectively identify and recruit new, diverse, and qualified volunteers
- Ability to initiate and exhibit appropriate, professional, and courteous demeanor when interacting with volunteers, staff, and patrons
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people in the community
- Respect for confidentiality
Expected Work Hours and Travel:
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including some nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on rehearsal, performance, and events schedule.
- Travel as appropriate to complete job tasks.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must be willing to complete a background check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cincinnati Ballet believes our organization and our art is an inclusive space. We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identification, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We invite you to join us!
Interested applicants should apply through Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/volunteer-manager-young-performers-coordinator-05b609deacfa1816
About Cincinnati Ballet:
Cincinnati Ballet is a place to flourish, be creative, and be supported. We are an inclusive community, where people of all backgrounds work, learn, and create collaboratively, informed always by our organization’s mission – to enrich, expand, and excel in the art of dance through performance, a high-caliber academy, and impactful education and community engagement in local to global communities. Since 1963, Cincinnati Ballet has been the cornerstone professional ballet company of the region, presenting a bold and adventurous array of classical, full-length ballets and contemporary works. Cincinnati Ballet reaches beyond the stage in programs that allow every person in the region to be part of the continued evolution of dance. Both on and off the stage, Cincinnati Ballet is defined by the collective work of a community of highly skilled creative minds.
Dance is for everyone by everyone.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility move us.
Cincinnati Ballet is committed to transform our company to be more reflective of the diversity in our communities onstage, backstage, and in our offices, studios, classrooms, and boardroom.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are foundational to the mission and values of Cincinnati Ballet. We welcome and celebrate cultural differences, all socioeconomic backgrounds, and embrace our responsibility to provide and prioritize access, inclusion, and belonging.
We are passionate about creating art that is innovative, reflective, and accessible. We will continue to create a professional and educational environment that is a safe place for expression for anyone who intersects with our organization. Through our inclusive environment, we empower everyone to share their unique stories, points of view, and ideas as we continually learn, improve, and develop.