Bilingual Customer Service Advocate (Collections)
Under moderate supervision, explores possible solutions using English and Spanish languages and documents delinquent accounts in accordance with departmental, investor, and legal guidelines, ensuring attainment of the company’s commitments.
Promote meaningful and positive payment experiences through relevant and informed conversations using English and Spanish languages with customers regarding solutions available to mitigate losses on various consumer products, utilizing multiple systems. Reviews potential solutions on all non-mortgage and/or auto products, utilizing multiple systems. May provide solutions using English and Spanish languages on early, mid, or late stages (up to charge-off) of delinquency to include loss mitigation, foreclosures, repossessions, pre charge-off, charge-off, recovery, bankruptcy, and Agency liaison departments. Position has direct impact to prevent bank losses while providing an exceptional customer experience.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined, while advocating on the customer’s behalf. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes department strategy plan to review solutions using Spanish and English languages on early and/or later stage delinquent customer accounts across multiple products.
- Performs extensive skip tracing, and conducts research and accesses credit bureau information, bank statements, applications, and third-party vendor services to assist in interpreting data to achieve customer contact using Spanish and English languages.
- Successfully completes assigned projects and/or documents efforts using business-related applications such as ACE, CACS, BRAVO, CCLM, Amtrac and Excel.
- Recommends additional actions for early and/or later stage accounts with leadership assistance.
- Utilizes loss mitigation solutions to reduce losses and promote continued business when applicable.
- Identifies, evaluates, diagnoses, and resolves reasons for delinquency using Spanish and English languages.
- Works with internal departments to achieve common goals, while working in compliance with Fifth Third Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Escalates calls and/or problem accounts to leadership, repossession, legal or outside agencies as appropriate.
- Works with leadership to ensure the complaint management process and reporting is within adherence with the Complaint Management program.
- Serves as a champion in classroom or virtual training to present materials and check for understanding and compliance adherence.
- Continually look for ways to improve the performance of the department by identifying and implementing work efficiencies through process improvement techniques, working with leadership and business partners.
- Provides supporting documents and information to Audit and applicable regulators.
- Supports with projects, focus groups, and continuous improvement
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish languages.
- Minimum two year of collections, customer service, sales or customer solutions advocacy experience required.
- Proficient oral, written, and intrapersonal communication skills
- Exemplary skills in comprehension, listening, negotiating and managing consultative conversations.
- Excellent customer service skills with both external and internal customers
- Agility in adapting to change. Responds promptly to shifts in direction, priorities, and schedules; demonstrates agility in accepting new ideas, approaches and/or methods.
- Effective in managing multiple priorities and tasks in fast-pace environment; modifies customer solution methods or strategies based on customer needs.
- Ability to work in a call center environment
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient with computer systems and keyboarding / data entry skills with moderate speed and accuracy.
- Strong experience with Microsoft office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, professional with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Prioritize calls and time throughout the day to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Strives for self-awareness; respect and embrace differences in the perspectives and diversity of others.