Call Center Personal Banker
The Personal Banker delivers best-in-class client service to maximize relationship-building opportunities through branch sales and service execution. The Personal Banker acquires new relationships and deepens existing relationships through cross-selling relevant products and services while delivering a remarkable client experience. The Personal Banker educates clients on self-service capabilities and leverages the Attract, Engage, and Connect model. When appropriate, the Personal Banker connects clients with specialists.
The Personal Banker Associate - SAFE ACT performs moderately complex and varied assignments. Most of the impact is related to quality of execution. Works with limited supervision. May service an expansive array of products/services. Demonstrates technical/administrative expertise. Applies specialized functional area skills and basic knowledge including underlying professional/technical principles or standards. The technical procedures for this level are well defined. Understands how duties relate with others in the team/unit and how the unit integrates with others in accomplishing the work of the function. Exchanges moderately complex information with others. There may be occasional handling of awkward contacts. Basic knowledge of the organization and its policies required. Applies research, information gathering and analysis skills to factual information. Applies judgment based on practice and precedence. Selects the best course of action from a broad array of defined options, understanding the consequences of each.
- Develop strategies to grow the client base and implement appropriate sales plans to target prospective customers and to build external business development opportunities.
- Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the branch's business plan.
- Transform service transactions to sales opportunities according to customer need.
- Provide value and advice to help our customers succeed financially and achieve deep lifetime relationships. Meet all customer needs and strive to be their primary financial services company.
- Cultivate partnerships with key support groups to drive sales and ensure that all customer needs are met.
- Establish and maintain key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments and strategic initiatives to create opportunities for growth.
- Achieve personal production goals by expanding existing relationships and acquiring new business, utilizing effective calling techniques and leveraging all bank products and services.
- Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
- Participate proactively in all huddles and branch communications and meetings.
- Create a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for customers and employees.
- Foster teamwork in the branch to ensure a positive overall customer experience.
- Demonstrate positive, can-do attitude and customer first culture.
- Support sales/service activities within the Branch by participating in seminars, micromarketing events, promotional campaigns, product initiatives, etc.
- Refer opportunities to segment partners where appropriate.
- Provide ongoing coaching to Tellers and Universal Bankers to effectively identify referral opportunities.
- Partner with Tellers to create a seamless referral process.
- Proactively educate customers on utilizing available access channels.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues promptly and effectively. Take responsibility for all customer complaints and problems until resolved.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1-3 years retail/sales and service experience.
- Financial services sales experience and financial/business acumen.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to implement external sales activities and participate in business development programs.
- Ability to successfully deepen and retain customer relationships
- Required to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that
- High School diploma or equivalent
Job Family Group: Consumer Sales
Job Family: Telesales
Time Type: Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.