Teller - Part-Time (Batavia, OH) - (Evendale, OH) & (Lebanon, Ohio)
Under the supervision of and accountable to the Branch Supervisor/Manager.
Services members in person and by telephone, provides general credit union information. Assists members with deposits and withdrawals. Receives cash and checks for deposit and for payment on loans. Inputs information and withdraw checks. Provide travelers checks and money orders. At close of business; balances cash and summarizes daily activity. Assists members in setting up new accounts and in making changes in existing accounts. Assists members in starting, stopping or changing a payroll deduction. Cross-sells member services to members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable credit union policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from their superiors or management.
- Services members; determines the nature of the member’s business and either transacts the member’s request or refers the member to the appropriate staff member.
- Provides, in person or by phone, routine information concerning the credit union services or policies, including how to apply for membership, what type of accounts are available, insurance coverage of loans, interest rates charged on loans, how dividends on shares are computed, how to start, stop or change a payroll deduction, how to take pertinent information concerning stop payment on sharedrafts, office hours and service information.
- Posts manual payroll deductions to accounts.
- Posts night deposit receipts.
- Posts the mail share deposits or loan payments.
- Posts all computer exception items manually.
- Records payments for the sale of Money Orders and Travelers Checks.
- Opens new member accounts when member services are unavailable.
- Cross-sells member services.
- Answers phone calls from members.
- Performs clerical duties and filing.
- Meters and deposits the mail as assigned.
- Enters name and address changes into the computer.
- Encode bonds and process checks through Check21.
- Marks loan papers when paid.
- Balances the currency at the end of each business day.
- Collection item processing for cash advance businesses.
- Processes Duke Energy and Cincinnati Bell payments for members and non-members.
- Processes transactions for Shared Branching.
- Transacts sales of Visa gift cards.
- Cashes savings bonds.
- Processes cash advances on credit cards.
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
High school diploma or GED required.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily transactions. The ability to properly address members; either by telephone or in person.
A cooperative, positive attitude in relations with members and other employees. Knowledge of credit union policy and procedures. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatical, or schedule form. Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures. Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly. Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances. Courteous telephone manner. Aptitude for figures and detail work, mental alertness
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, staff and members, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations. Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks. Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Computer usage. Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information. Regular talking and hearing. Frequent standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Job description updated 08/13