Clean & Safe Ambassador (janitorial/cleaning)
Clean & Safe Ambassador assists the Operations team and other seasonal staff in site cleanliness and safety at 3CDC civic spaces and in the both the Over-the-Rhine and Central Business Districts in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Clean & Safe Ambassador is integral to our success at supplying a quality experience to each and every visitor to our public spaces and Over-the-Rhine. He or she is also responsible for adhering to company policies and providing excellent customer service to all patrons and partners. This can be either a full-time, part-time or seasonal hourly position.
- Excellent Customer Service:
- Greet visitors at public spaces and public streets.
- Make eye contact, engage visitors to the city and/or events with a friendly greeting.
- Engage visitors if their behavior conflicts with a posted rule or regulation
- Provide directions, information, city information or recommendations to visitors to the area as needed.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and overall 3CDC standards of operations and customer service.
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Ability to take direction from and report information to direct supervisor.
- Delegates tasks to a team and leads by example to achieve goals.
- Completes required paperwork and checklists for shifts in a timely and thorough manner.
- Previous experience training or leading teams preferred.
- Operations and Safety
- Manual litter collection, emptying trash cans, cleaning up spills, graffiti removal, and other duties as directed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety standards of all civic spaces through constant site upkeep, observation, and communication.
- Ensure physical environment, including equipment, is in good working condition for every guest.
- Provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, broken equipment, maintenance issues, and tasks as completed.
- Event Operations:
- Set up and break down events at public spaces according to diagrams and plans provided by supervisor on duty.
- Focus on intense cleaning, trash collection/emptying and general tidiness during each event.
- Observe and report: while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to appropriate supervisors.
- Controlling and managing crowds, performing Guest services functions. (i.e. Directing guests).
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve accordingly.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Able to make good decisions quickly in stressful situations.
- Sense of initiative with desire to become truly engaged in the efforts of the organization
- Works well in teams or as an individual.
- Receives, delegates, and completes tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Able to quickly adapt to needs of business and manage changing priorities.
- Prior experience with equipment used for pressure washing, snow removal, and cityscape maintenance a bonus.
- Be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Able to pass criminal and background checks.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications:
- A valid drivers license (preferred but not required)
Skills or specialized knowledge (examples below):
- Swift and courteous customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, work habits and consistent follow-through.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Job requires lifting at least 50lbs. and at least 8 hours on one’s feet in the elements (rain, heat, cold/snow).
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.