Center Support Specialist
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500278
Department: Ctr for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Information Technology, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Center Support Specialist
Salary/Grade: $45,000 - $55,000
Center Support Specialist is accountable for all initiatives to build & maintain the Center for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching's technology presence to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver programming, resources, and support to instructors. This position will have a strong grasp of current marketing and technology tools and strategies to lead integrated digital campaigns from concept to execution and provide analytics.
The Center Support Specialist’s work includes:
- Consultations, research, strategic planning, and project management in all areas of responsibility. Provides insight and guidance to Center for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching team to strengthen programming, resources, and support to instructors. Performs duties as an active participant in the Center team and leads appropriate initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates new digital technologies and uses web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize campaigns, email marketing, social media umbrella, and digital displays, while ensuring accessibility compliance.
- Enhances Center awareness within the digital space on all platforms as well as drives website traffic and generates instructor interest. Provides support and acts as the primary liaison for front- and back-end design and updates of the Center’s websites, social media, digital advertising, surveys, and analytics.
- Manages software administration needs for the Center for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching systems including, but not limited to, Formstack, Cascade, Qualtrics, Adobe, Filemaker, MySQL databases, social media channels, and email platforms.
- Meets and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders of Miami University to further Center initiatives and strategies.
- Engages strong analytical tools and demonstrate the ability to evaluate instructor experience across multiple channels and touchpoints. Writes well, analyzes processes, solves problems, and relies on data to make analytic decisions. Identifies target audiences, optimizes landing pages, and creates Center programs, resources, and support that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Associate’s degree, or vocational or technical school degree in Web Design, Communications, Marketing, or closely related field or 1-3 years professional experience.
- Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume. Inquiries may be directed to Ellen Yezierski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applicants will begin May 19, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 05 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time