COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499488
Department: University Registrar
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Coordinator/Senior Coordinator
Hours Per Week: 40
The Office of the University Registrar is hiring a Coordinator/Senior Coordinator.
This entry-level professional registrar position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining database applications and processes pertaining to one or more of the following areas of specialization within the office of the University Registrar: Class scheduling, transfer evaluation/articulation, degree clearance, curriculum approval, registration, and academic records.
- Directs workflow and assigns tasks to the office of the University Registrar support staff. A Senior Coordinator will have significant input in performance evaluations of support staff.
- Communicates policies, timelines, and deadlines with academic departments regarding the business processes of the University Registrar’s office and ensures that deadlines are met. Addresses non-compliance with deadlines. Ensures accuracy of data in Banner and supplemental systems.
- Manages and troubleshoots University business systems and provides guidance and training to faculty, department/division administrators, and students on all campuses to facilitate use of these systems and applications including, but not limited to, Administrative Banner and Banner Self-Service, 25Live, PAVER, Transferology, uAchieve, BI Publisher, CAT/CIM, Change of Program, Change of Grade, and ROR.
- Manages and programs for all campuses basic Banner and integrated software processes and applications related to functions such as semester/term development and scheduling, registration, end of term closure, degree clearance and posting, course catalog maintenance, degree audit, and transfer credit articulation and posting.
- Resolves complex or escalated issues for faculty, staff, department/divisional administrators and students.
- Performs testing of Banner and University business systems (noted above) for upgrades, enhancements, and production issues. A senior coordinator will perform and coordinate this testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for the Coordinator title:
- Bachelor's degree plus one year of experience. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills congruent with collaborative management style. Experience working within a team environment. Experience with staff training and supervision and experience in a Registrar’s Office or academic division/departmental office including functions and practices strongly preferred.
To be considered for the Senior Coordinator title:
- Bachelor's degree plus three years of experience with increasing responsibility. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills congruent with a collaborative management style. Experience working within a team environment. Experience with staff training and supervision and experience in a Registrar’s Office or academic division/departmental office including functions and practices strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of student information systems, Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Microsoft Word), University policies, federal and state regulations, data analysis, effective written and oral communication.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 05 Nov 2021 Eastern Daylight Time