Admissions Counselor, International Admissions Operations
Counsel prospective international students as they navigate the college application and decision process and serve as a representative of the University of Cincinnati at recruitment events, campus visits, and on-campus events. This Admissions Counselor will support international students located in the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana Tri-State area with a variety of visas and will counsel prospective high school and transfer students whom have been educated internationally. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of International Admissions and also will coordinate with the domestic admissions office, and other relevant offices to increase qualified international student enrollment from the local area. Another goal of this position will be to increase enrollment of qualified international transfer students from partner community colleges across the United States. This position will be the primary UC contact for local guidance counselors and English Language instructors/managers at local high schools and community colleges on topics related to the admission of international students.
This position is grant funded and has a term limit of 3 years with current available funding. The university hopes to receive permanent funding for this position based on satisfactory progress towards these enrollment goals.
- Serve and manage a geographic territory to ensure the university reaches various enrollment goals while being fiscally responsible. Serve as the primary resource for contacts in that area. Develop and execute initiatives that best serve the students and organizations in the area. Make data-driven decisions to coordinate and execute travel within that area, including visits to high schools and community colleges.
- Travel extensively during key time periods (8 - 10 weeks in the fall and 1 – 3 weeks in the spring) and work evenings, weekends, and beyond a traditional work week as needed to effectively perform responsibilities, such as on-campus visit/event experiences.
- Maintain and use information about students and organizations to advise and encourage students from prospect through application and enrollment.
- Increase representation from one or more strategic populations based on the demographics of the territory (i.e. under-represented, high-achieving, transfer, out-of-state, and international).
- Implement and explain university admissions policies.
- May coordinate a specialized programmatic area such as on-campus and off-campus events, student tour guides, tele-counseling, campus visits, outreach and access, high-achieving scholars, website, social media, transfer, communications and marketing, regional campus referrals, etc.
- Evaluate applications for admission and make holistic admission decisions using many pieces of information. Accuracy and consistency will be needed to ensure the university is properly aligned to reach various enrollment goals.
- Use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to maintain records and prepare reports as required; generate reports and assist in analyzing and interpreting data for future planning and evaluation.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Some positions may require a valid passport.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- CRM experience
- Fluency in a second language
- International or domestic admissions experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $34,000 - $38,000 for this role, depending on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on-campus activities and services.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include a cover letter of interest, a current CV/Resume, and list of three references. Applications without a cover letter, CV/Resume or references will not be considered for the position.