Customer Service Representative (Service Consultant)
Careers are Built with Hard Work And Opportunity. You Bring the Hard Work. We'll Bring the Opportunity.
Are you ready to build a career with one of the most successful and prestigious life insurance and financial firms in the U.S.? Then consider a Service Consultant position at Western & Southern Financial Group.
The Service Consultant role is foundational for providing value and service to our life insurance and mutual fund clients. If you excel at customer service and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, this is the perfect opportunity to showcase your skills AND build your career. The Client Relationship Center (CRC) has a well-developed training and orientation plan with financial recognition as you successfully move through the program. This role provides the building blocks for increased career growth and responsibilities in the finance industry with one of the most stable and respected companies in the industry. What's more, the CRC group is supportive, helpful and fun!
In this role you will build relationships by researching, analyzing and resolving service requests and complaints and client account for the purposes of conservation and potential cross-sell opportunities. You will learn and maintain comprehensive knowledge to fully service and conserve clients.
- Reviews, researches and/or analyzes necessary policy data in order to resolve client inquiries or concerns via telephone, written correspondence, email or online chat.
- Provides professional and courteous service, including diffusing escalated clients to resolve concerns; completes service requests within departmental service levels.
- Proactively seeks resolution to client issues; uses solid judgment in recognizing the need to escalate situations to management.
- Provides analysis and service for all products within the Western & Southern Life portfolio.
- Makes independent decisions regarding customer requests, and processes policy transactions on administrative systems as necessary.
- Required to utilize multiple administration systems to service clients and maintains accurate information in Salesforce Customer First Platform.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities and utilizes tailored approaches to secure sales leads
- Proven experience handling and effectively resolving client problems. Must provide examples of strong customer service skills in a demanding environment with heavy volume.
- Must show proficiency in customer service tasks in a multi-tasking environment. Previous contact center experience not required but preferred.
- Proven experience being held to and meeting or exceeding job-related performance metrics.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external clients in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of punctuation, diction and style. Ability to prepare professional correspondence.
- Demonstrated experience identifying problems arising from client relations issues and policy/procedure changes, etc., and providing effective recommendations to resolve
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Proven experience effectively articulating information to clients in a patient and understanding manner while managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated efficiency in navigating through multiple computer system applications.
Education and Language Proficiency
- HS Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus