Customer Support Specialist, Bilingual
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Tire Discounters Sales Center (TDSC)
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
JOB TITLE: Customer Support Specialist, Bilingual
REPORTS TO: Manager, TDSC & Customer Support
The Bilingual Customer Support Specialist (BCSS) position is designed to enhance one’s working knowledge of what it takes to provide exceptional customer service in a fast-paced, ever-changing retail environment. This role will have hands-on experience working with customers, field managers, the stores, and all key business functions across Tire Discounters. The BCSS will work both in the day-to-day business as well as provide strategic recommendations on ways to improve the customer experience long-term.
The BCSS is like a concierge for our customers. They will answer questions, provide recommendations, and capture all the information we need to make their visit at the store as smooth as possible.
The BCSS is patient, empathetic, can solve customer issues, escalate when needed, and provide follow-through communication to ensure the customer is taken care of.
- Manage and respond to in-bound and out-bound calls, as well as inbound chats, and online orders.
- Convert leads through a variety of customer contact opportunities which may include, but are not limited to, phone, email, web/live chat, SMS, website forms and social media correspondence.
- Follow set communication guidelines and processes to assess customer needs in order to be able to recommend the right products/services.
- Build trust and a positive relationship with customers through communication that enhances the image and perception of Tire Discounters.
- Provide accurate and timely information by using the correct methods, processes, and tools.
- Meet personal and team goals and case handling targets.
- Use Salesforce to keep accurate and detailed case records of all customer interactions.
- Follow communication processes, guidelines, and policies to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Exceed customer expectations by providing accurate and timely information, detailed follow-up, and outstanding customer service.
- Provide recommendations on ways to improve the customer service experience, the tools we use, and the processes. This department is constantly evolving, so it’s everyone in the department’s responsibility and expectation to provide ideas for improvement.
- Hold true to Tire Discounters values of a family owned company that prioritizes customer service. All employees should be able to represent that focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluent Spanish and English.
- Strong phone, email, and chat contact handling and active listening skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly in Microsoft Office365 including Outlook, as well as other software programs and tools, needed to perform essential job functions.
- Flexible communication style and ability to respond to different customer personalities, maintaining professional demeanor always, irrespective of temperament.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type a minimum of 38 words per minute.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and practices (preferred).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High-School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Proven customer support experience, or experience as a client service representative (preferred).
- This job operates in an office setting.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machine and filing cabinets.
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear/listen.
- Work in a noisy environment.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, hands and/or feel.
- Lift/carry up to 25 pounds and reach with hands and arms.