Insurance Sales - Mylifeapp.com
Summary of Responsibilities:
Proactively contacts leads for application or quote requests generated within the banking channel. Determines needs and appropriately delivers insurance products to meet those needs. Proactively contacts advisors within assigned territory to promote the use of IPS digital platforms and lead submission. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to Manager when necessary and updating Manager on a regular basis.Position Responsibilities:
- Proactively contacts leads in a competitive shopping environment, builds relationships by gaining trust and confidence in a short period of time, and works to uncover a complex set of needs to provide sound solutions to clients who are shopping multiple sites/agencies.
- Conducts reflexive health/risk interviews and financial needs assessments to make recommendations, run quotes accordingly and provide quality sound advice and quotes based on in-depth knowledge of various sales concepts, including pension maximization, buy/sell agreements, business insurance and key person insurance, policy layering, estate conservation, income replacement and debt repayment.
- Discusses tentative offers and resells the client, if necessary. Uses retention techniques to minimize cancellations/withdrawals of those applications.
- Makes calls, reviews book of business, researches cases that may be invalid, and responds to client emails in between calls.
- Proactively seeks resolution to client issues on first call; uses solid judgment in recognizing the need to escalate situations to management.
- Assists with overflow calls from Client Services to resolve paramed issues and answer various carrier questions.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of current products for 10+ life insurance companies represented.
- Proactively initiates calls with assigned advisors to market and promote the use of Life Tool; advises on the advantages, features and benefits of the IPS agent platform; notifies the advisors of changes and updates.
- Promotes and enhances a team environment. Cooperates with others, shares information, provides counsel and advice when appropriate, and assists others in any way necessary to assure department goals are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Selection Criteria:
- Proven success selling products and/or services as an inbound and/or outbound sales representative in a high-volume call center.
- Demonstrated basic level of understanding of how common health/risk conditions factor into assessing a risk class.
- Proven experience evaluating, selecting and acting on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team developing cooperation and collaborative work efforts toward solutions that have benefited all parties involved.
- Proven strong client relationship skills and experience.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Expected to cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
- Proven experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Demonstrated experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility associated with changes to policies/procedures.
- Work Setting:
- This position works in an office setting and remains in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings. Position requires substantial movement of wrist, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of internet and email.
- Proficient in using multiple quote engine platforms.
- Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Must successfully pass the life (and health, as appropriate) licensing exam in associate’s home state within two attempts, not to exceed 45 days after final approval from the State Commissioner’s office to take said exam.
- Position Demands:
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special sales events.
- Shift work (to include evenings or weekends) when necessary.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of grammar, diction and style. Experience must include strong telephone communication and etiquette skills.