Assistant Director of Digital Media
Job no: 501931
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
The Assistant Director of Digital Media is charged with the execution of Miami Athletics’ digital media strategy for external use. This strategy includes but is not limited social media, graphic design, gameday scripts, videoboard content and photography. This position will work with overall strategy and marketing plans to determine how the digital media components can assist in generating revenue for the department. The Assistant Director of Digital Media will be out of Athletic Communications and Marketing, as well as work with other internal and external departments, coaches, student-athletes, alumni and administrators to use the digital platform to positively portray Miami Athletics and the mission of Graduating Champions.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Responsible for developing a social media strategy that primarily focuses on ticketed sports and generating revenue for the department and speaks to the holistic fan base with creative content that is engaging and positively promotes Miami Athletics.
- Create digital graphics for social media, videoboard, email campaigns, etc. that drive revenue and engagement with the fan base and that are aesthetically appealing, while clearly communicating the primary message and are appropriate for the desired digital platform.
- Responsible for creating the gameday scripts and videoboard content for ticketed sports that focus on fan engagement, fan safety, highlight Miami University as a whole and promotes the Miami Athletics’ brand on gameday. This position will also oversee Athletic Communications and Marketing interns with the production of scripts for non-ticketed sports.
- Manage all photo and video shoots with student-athletes, coaches, etc. with the goal of gaining captivating imagery to be used in the future on digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Athletic Communications and Marketing staff to ensure that the digital media strategy supports the overall marketing strategy, goals and mission of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Prior experience working in Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum one-three years’ experience at an NCAA Division I institution or conference or in professional sports.
- Prior experience working with student interns
- Experience with script writing and Daktronics software
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 23 May 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.